Computerbank West Melbourne recycles on Fridays 10-5pm and Saturdays 12.30 – 5pm
We recycle clean, neat, complete computers with these specifications or better.
- Laptops: Working, we recycle complete Core 2 Duo, Dual Core or Celeron/AMD equivalents. We take all other laptops for recycling if you drop them off to us (fee free). Please remove any passwords (BIOS locks) on donated laptops.
- Apple Macs: G5 or better with original software.
- Smart Phones and Tablets – we recycle all types
- LCD monitors
- Desktops: Working, complete Core 2 Duo, Dual Core or Celeron/AMD equivalents. We will take all other computers for recycling if you drop them off to us (fee free). We wipe or destroy all hard drives.
Other Hardware we recycle:
- Hard Drives: All types.
- Memory: All types.
- Optical Drives: All types
- Interface Cards: All types
- Mice: Working optical USB mice urgently NEEDED
- Cords and Cables: We are happy to take your excess cables
Printers, scanners, CRT Monitors and all in one CRT based computers (eg e-mac/imac) – Fees apply for all CRT monitors dropped off or requiring pick up…more
Computers can be dropped off during our opening times.
We will pick up donations of 10 or more working Core 2 Duo/Dual Core or equivalent machines in the Melbourne area. We can pick up older computers (eg Pentium 4 and earlier) for a fee….more
No Software disks – We don’t need Windows disks. We erase and then reformat the computer hard drives with Ubuntu Linux and other free and open source software.
Computerbank will invoice recyclers who incorrectly state equipment specifications.
- $11 each 14, 15, 17 inch working or non working CRT Monitor
- $11 each for CRT all-in-one eg. eMac and iMac computers
- $15 each 19, 21 inch working or non working CRT Monitors
Printers, Scanners and other items
- No charge for small home printers or scanners, multi-function printers and larger scanners
- Heavy larger printers (Example 38cm x 48cm/15″ x 18″) attract a fee and can be up to $44 for larger heavy A3 type printers. Do not bring printers leaking toner or ink to Computerbank we will not accept them.
- We do NOT take photocopiers or CRT Televisions.
A tax invoice is provided, GST is included in all e-waste handling fees