Open Fridays 10 to 5pm and Saturdays 12.30 to 5pm
Refurbished desktop pc price examples – July 2016
Computers for concession card holders
- $30 Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz, 2G DDR2 RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, DVD Reader, 17″ LCD monitor, keyboard and optical mouse included.
- $68 Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz 4G DDR2 RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, DVD Burner, 17″ LCD monitor, keyboard and optical mouse included.
- $105 Core 2 Duo 3Ghz, 4G DDR2 RAM, 250G Hard Drive, DVD Burner, 256 MB video, 19″ LCD monitor, keyboard and optical mouse included.
- $180 i3 3.20, 4G DDR3 RAM, 500Gb Hard Drive, DVD Burner, 20” widescreen LCD.
- $220 i5 3.20, 4G DDR3 RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, 23″ Widescreen LCD
For non concession card holders our desktop prices are 50% more. All computers come with the Ubuntu Linux operating system and useful software (not Microsoft Windows).
Laptops start from $90 for a Core 2 Duo and range up to $190 for an i5 2.4.
Laptops are for concession holders only.
Computerbank is a not for profit, volunteer run, community group based in West Melbourne. The computers have a keyboard, a mouse, LCD screen, cords and a user guide. They are ready to access the Internet, to write documents and have a range of other programs.
Our computers are refurbished donated computers and laptops and are available for low income individuals, students and community groups. To help cover our operating costs, excess desktop and LCD stock is sold at higher prices to people who do not have a concession card.
Computer Recycling: equipment unable to be reused is recycled. Computerbank recycles all e-waste locally and with care for the environment. All hard drives are wiped (using DBAN) or destroyed if they no longer work. Our work is carried out by volunteers and a small team of casual staff.
Who is eligible for a low cost computer?
- Our low cost recycled computers are available if you have an Australian Commonwealth Concession Card, a Health Care Card or have a Student Card.
- Asylum seekers need proof of Asylum Seeker status. Asylum Seekers are eligible for one free $30 computer.
- Bring your Australian Commonwealth Concession Card, Health Care Card, Student Card or proof of Asylum Seeker status to Computerbank on Friday between 10am-5pm and Saturday between 12.30- 5pm.
- Not for Profit Groups are also eligible for our computers.
- Our computers come with a 6 month warranty, our laptops have a 3 month warranty.
- Get a low cost computer or laptop.
- Recycle your computer and how to donate equipment.
- If you have Linux skills, how to volunteer.
Some Computerbank Volunteers